I Forge Iron

70'th Birthday invitation

Chris:

You don't need an invite to visit Jerry's operation. Deb and I just dropped in one day we were in the neighborhood and we got the red carpet treatment. I DID buy a cap though so maybe that's why. :rolleyes:

I'd be there if I could, I'll bet it's going to be an event to remember.

Frosty

Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend.
However, I had the honor to meet Jerry many years ago and was instantly impressed with not only his work, but the man himself! A true prson of great character, many interesting stories to tell, always willing to show a willing student the skills he or she needs.
Several years ago, he had a few health issues that I believe were sorted out.
Jerry Culberson is a credit to Blacksmithing.
I hope he still has his '57 Mack

He actually had a motorcycle accident on his way to Sturgis and Laconia last year. A little old lady pulled out in front of him and he went over the bars. Had some ongoing nerve issues still last fall and couldn't hammer for as long as he used to.

He told me some of his Viet Nam stories. Awesome and frightening at the same time!

I got that invite too - I'm out of town that weekend, I hate to miss it.

You're right Larry - the house is amazing!

I bought my first real anvil from him - a 200 lb Trenton.
Showed up at his shop just as he was pulling the doors closed - we were going to leave but he just waved us in.

My wife and I spent about 4hrs with Jerry and Ina shooting the breeze about smithing and BSing. Really great folks!

He used to be the auctioneer at the NWBA conference dinners ( he handed the gavel over last year) - What a show, he always led an item off with
"C'mon, fire it up! . . . What'll ya gimme for it? . . . then get people to bid against themselves.

Happy Birthday Jerry!