I Forge Iron

Writing on steel/brass

Hello everybody its dillion again, to mark my metal i have been using a grey or white sharpie but they do not last long and the marks dont seem to last very long after the piece rusts some the mark is all but completly gone , I was wondering what does everybody  use to write on your steel for instance when writing what type,of steel it is 

The welding or steel supply should carry paint sticks, either in the stick or the tube with roller like a ball point pen. If you have a LOT of steel spray paint and an established color code. I try to keep mine out of the weather.

I wonder how well cheap fingernail polish would hold up. The cheaper the polish the more like plain old paint it is.

Frosty The Lucky.

Welcome aboard PoisonIvyForge, glad to have you. Thank you, that's the marker I was thinking of, it's just been so many years since I used one the name was lost in the fog of old fogyhood.

Does your handle imply some thing to Marvel at? Avatar fits a treat. 

Frosty The Lucky.

Frosty,  Nothing to do with Marvel... there is just a ton of Poison Ivy on my property that we didn't notice when we were buying it.  My wife joked that we accidentally  bought a Poison Ivy Farm so Poison Ivy Forge evolved from that. My Avatar is a picture of my touchmark in steel.