I Forge Iron

Holland Anvil Swage Block 1

foundryguy

On 10/13/2019 at 12:21 PM, Dave Van Antwerp said:

If you are getting your full asking price, does it really matter if someone else sells it for more? It's American capitalism at its finest in my opinion. They have access to customers you don't, willing to pay more for your product.

Dave, it matter to me! If I wanted a middle man on my Holland Anvil tools I would get a Blacksmith Supply shop to sell them, they have all asked. We had people paying $100 for a block on Ebay over our sale price, not a good situation in my opinion. Amazon had a group in Taiwan selling our blocks in the states, you payed Amazon and they placed the order and we shipped them out in the US not knowing anything about it. Somehow they made $300 per block per sale. Anyway, if someone sells their single tool at a markup fine, but its really about dishonest people trying to make a living from our hard work. Everyday we run into great people, occasionally liars and cheats.

You should post a photo of your wood anvil art on this forum, I think these folks would enjoy it. 

Cheers!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic