I Forge Iron

Hi from east Texas.

So I've been lurking for awhile. And finally started posting a few weeks ago. Perfect time for an introduction, right? I'm an aircraft sheetmetal/structures tech by trade, and a rank newbie at blacksmithing. Got started doing stock removal knives 10-15 years ago. Made a few off and on over the years, then finally made my first forge 2 years ago to heat treat some steel. It was just a brick charcoal forge, but I discovered I really enjoyed forging. After a hiatus to remodel/sell our house in the suburbs and then buy a house/farm out in the boonies and get that up and running, I finally got the project list worked down far enough so I can start into blacksmithing in earnest. Put together a nice gas forge last week and am getting my work area squared away. Haven't made much other than some leaves out of 1/2" stock so far. I'm really looking forward to learning the craft. I've spent my first 35 years trying out a huge variety of different hobbies (mostly involving metalworking), and I think it's time to settle down and really dig deep into something. IFI seems like a good place to hang out and learn. 

Hey man! My grandmother actually owns land in Livingston that we hunt at. Let me know if you are ever near me in college station and I'll show you my shop and we could maybe forge something. I'll also soon be giving tool and hammer making classes.

Littleblacksmith 

Pm Sent

Littleblacksmith