I Forge Iron

Brass and steel competability

lyuv

Seeing as how brass and copper seem to be pretty commonly used on steel blades I doubt there is much issue as long as you take care of the knife in general to keep it from rusting or the brass/ copper from corroding or tarnishing.

Look up bimetallic corrosion or galvanic corrosion for more info on that. 

Look into galvanic corrosion there is a whole list of dissimilar metals that will corrode each other when in contact ( usually also requiring water or some kind of electrolyte ) as the differences in the electron configs of the two metals makes a battery. The most common example of this would be a copper pipe fitting screwed into a steel pipe fitting the copper will corrode overtime until 3am in the morning it fails and floods your bathroom!!! ( this happened to me once courtesy of the previous owner of my house).

in the case of a knife we dont usually soak them in water for long periods. And your solder is actually what is in direct contact with the opposing metals so we rarely see this problem in cutlery or jewellery

see also

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galvanic_corrosion

du