I Forge Iron

Wilkins anvils

I put a brief article on the site about 12 months ago but have been busy doing house maintenance. Originally i thought that the anvil was a Peter Wright.Today i gave it a wipe with a rag and some turpentine.  i found the wilkins name on it.  I inherited it 20 years ago. It is a 123 pounds . On the side it has Wilkins then a stamped logo then Bodley Queens and below that a stamp "extraquality". On the front base it has a stamped "w"There is also a stamp on the rear back edge which is unreadable.

Does any one know when it would have been made and how good a quality is it. It has been kept out of the weather for the last 60 year since my father had owned it.

Also are they of any value. My debate is whether to keep it as non of my siblings want it nor do any of their children. I do a fair bit of woodworking but do not have the room for both my wood working tools and the anvil.It has sat in my shed for the last 20 years under my work bench