I Forge Iron

Made a forge and a burner but it’s not getting enough oxygen what do I do

Tock

Well first off you need to be very specific in the detail of how your forge is built. Second, pictures help. 

Third, did you go off specific plans?

Fourth is that any usual forge I have seen or heard of uses the same air you breath for its oxygen. So specifically saying " not enough oxygen" should just say not enough air, unless you live in an extremely high altitude. 

I did not use any plans I kinda seen a few and just wanted to go for it.  I think my hole in my 1/4” nipple is kinda big but it blows and when I turn it up it goes out in the stem of the burner.   But on the bench it was a beast. Soon as I drop it into the 8” forge i have to babysit and can’t get21557DB5-EACF-4D7D-8AF9-0F14333548D0.thumb.jpeg.87ef5d98c46b08f0c1ca0aa607564b95.jpeg18CDA252-9D3D-41C6-B721-D19433C6A165.thumb.jpeg.4e4cfc8f019690f44a9f19a00fc241a8.jpegE10CEDDA-34B6-4F0C-A59E-ED5099FB3F38.thumb.jpeg.282dcc13179bd876cfb8ec8d960f6e71.jpegC0EC428A-500C-4BE2-90C2-EE9C7411E0E5.thumb.jpeg.a3a89bf623815e2c52b27157628a6954.jpeg

No.   And ok it kept blowing it out it was a hose from a rose bud burner and didn’t have one on it but I have one I was just trying to get going rushing it and using anything I could scrounge up I’ll throw one on hopefully that will do lol 

Well you should wing it till you get it right---may take years; but hey why follow known good plans when dealing with dangerous materials!

Asking other people to fix *your* plans is known as consulting; in my field we charge US$100 an hour with a 4 hour minimum.  Folks here support their own designs for free.

And you still have not answered the question about the regulator!

No regulator thought it would be easier to just take scrap pipes and fittings from work and go to town but I am realizing that it is not that simple.    Coal was easier and I wanted a fast cheep propane forge   I am a pipe fitter so virtually everything was free!!!   Paid for one fitting and that was the 1 1/2”x 3/4 “ bell reducer     

THERE'S YOUR PROBLEM!  Take off the regulator from the O-A torch at work and see how well the torch works without one. Note may cause death for everyone around!

Think of driving your car with no gas pedal.

Try to find a 0-30 propane rated regulator, (Acetylene ones rated "For All Fuel Gasses" will work too BUT NOT PLAIN ACETYLENE REGULATORS as propane destroys the seals over time and shop you destroy may be your own...

Also see the thread about coating your fibrous refractories!