I Forge Iron

just a quick note on the above photos of the 33lb anyang.........

The hammer in the photo is 'on test' as part of its pre delivery inspection, hence the temporary footlever assembly, lack of flywheel guard etc etc etc!!!! :rolleyes:

obviously I have to pass a few damascus billets through them as part of the inspection though ;)

John, I admire your service of shaking any bugs out of a new machine before it goes to the end user. Very thoughtful.

thoughtful, and good business sense for me!!!!!! a 2 min tweak to the machine in my factory, (because im very familiar with power hammers) might save me a full day on site to do the 2 min tweak at the other end of the country!!! ;)

John, WHY CAN'T YOU BE THE U.S. REP FOR ANYANG!?!?!? WAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

;) That 33 lb is just downright ADORABLE, I can't get over how itty bitty witty cute it is! If I get one, I will have to paint it pink with polka dots :)

The new USA rep for anyang visited me in the UK for a meeting today, and all hints & tips for tweaking & feeding your Anyang have been passed on :) - these guys seem serious about providing a solid service, im sure youll hear more from them in the future !!

Quality Control IS Good Business Sense!!! I am sick of buying things that are cheap (in more ways than one... ) and then getting them home and they don't work. In the present day John and the other reputable dealers should be commended, for actually making sure the hammer works. It is a shame that in our day an age that many people will sell things that don't work, and they know it... I bought a small clip on fan from Menards and there were several boxes that had been opened in the stack, I don't trust them and grab a box that was unopened, but when I got home it didn't work... I am very tempted to assume that the other boxes that had been opened were returns that they knew didn't work... Bad for business... and very annoying

My father was in England last week and spent a full day with John and I can tell you that he was extremely impressed with John's knowledge. John rebuilds huge Massey powerhammers that operate under the same principles as the Anyang hammers. John has a full check list that he goes through before he delivered each hammer, and we believe that a full quality check is important before delivery of any hammer.

• 4 weeks later...

That sure is a cute little hammer. It looks a bit short though. Are you a midget? I guess to get it at a comfortable working height you will have to put a reinforced concret base under it and lower that foot pedal some. Looks like you are going to have a lot of fun in the near future.:D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...