I Forge Iron

coal near montreal?

kk ouais mais st-hippolyte c'est 30 mins de plus de route, mais c est quoi tu veut dire par slow service a h riendeau? like they wont have what i need in stock or you mean they are just slow to serve you over there? aussi sais tu si c est le meme prix? en passant merci aussi pour les info j apprecie beaucoup

• 2 weeks later...

I'm from Manitoba and found it much, much cheaper to drive down to the States to pick up Coal. I see Montreal is only about an hour North of Vermont, I'm sure there is a town near the border that you can find it in. I got mine from Tractor Supply co. Its anthracite, but it suits my needs just fine.

• 2 years later...

tractor supply in malone new york is maybe even closer to you than st hyppolite for you and its 7$ for 40lbs just let us know how much they charge you at the boarder to bring it into Canada :) 

Wow I just saw how old this tread was hope this guy found some coal lol

• 3 years later...

Hello!

I'm looking for anthracite coal to use with our wood to heat our wood stove (boiler outside- Wood Doctor style).  We also live close to Rigaud, Quebec. Do you know anyone who would have a couple of bags for sale so we can try? It works marvelously for a friend of mine in Edmonton; I would like to try.

Thank you!

Welcome from the Ozark Mountains

Look in your area for Farrier's supply, they usually carry coal, although it may be bituminous. Another place in the U.S. that carries anthracite coal is Tractor Supply. I don't know if there are any stores in your area though.

I can't control the wind, all I can do is adjust my sail’s.
Semper Paratus