I Forge Iron

PBS Documentary on Armor making

ede

My wife, the spinster, particularly liked the section on the indigo dyer, particularly where it shows her walking through an industrial hemp field about twice her height with a beatific smile on her face. Me; I've watched the swordsmithing many many times.

I'm thinking there are probably other Nat Geo ones out there if you searched for them...

Distractions for sick kids are a parents lifeline!   Audio books are another and our local public library has both books on disk and downloads you can get when signed up for them.  I was old school as a kid; had to read Lord of the Rings on paper and there are times when that is too much when you are ill.  Of course we probably have a generation growing up never knowing who Tom Bombadil  is.

Nor the scouring of the Shire... 

I read all 3 from my dad's 1950's paperbacks, plus his 40's The Hobbit. He got them from his dad. I used to be a voracious reader, then I got my drivers license... funny how growing up 25 miles from town does that to you. Between video games, books, documentaries, and a good bike I was golden. Heh, used to ride the 3.9 miles (had an old odometer on my bike) to my friends house pretty regularly in the summer, sometimes back and forth a few times a day... wish I'd have had more exposure to smithing at a younger age, maybe replaced some of that video game time.

My daughter (7) laughed at the puppets, wowed at most everything else, and had a bunch of questions at the Kabuki section. She's one smart cookie. 

I enjoyed it all, even looking at the vintage cars and trying to recognize some haha