I Forge Iron

Forge build

81pistolsfiring

Heck I didn't realize it was burning till I read the text. At least shoot with a dark backdrop, better still do it in a dim room. I can't tell enough from the pics to evaluate the flame. 

Is the tube as designated in the directions? How do you measure the tube length, from where to where?

I don't see an elbow at all. Does the designer say why it's important to use a "street" elbow?

Have you asked Dave or Steve about tuning it? They ARE the guys who know this particular device you know. While Dave and I disagree on some things he has good skills sets and uses sound shop practices. I've watched a couple of his videos. 

Still need more info but much better. ;) We'll get you going. 

Frosty The Lucky.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pretty sure they call for a 9" pipe not a 6" pipe like I have on there right now. But Without a good flare I'm kind of at the mercy of what I've got at the moment. 

Holes are measured out 2" from the end of the pipe and 2 3/4" and drill them out alternating pattern around the pipe. 

The video didn't give a good explaination for the street elbow. However I did read a post YOU replied to Frosty about a Mathewson burner and you had stated how you didn't understand the need for the elbow (which I agreed with) so I by passed it for now until I get another reason for it. 

I haven't found a good source to get in contact with either of these gentlemen. I though I saw Dave on this forum but couldn't find him in the members list. 

Mat work right now but will fire it up when I get home and post another pic. 

Dave hasn't been a member for quite a while. 

My question wasn't clear. The overall length of the piece of pipe you make the burner from isn't that important. By tube I meant "Mixing" tube, not being clear was my bad. The mixing tube is the length of burner from the last air intake port to the outlet end. Not counting the flare.

If you packed all that in a 6" length it's WAY short.

How can the holes be drilled from 2" AND 2 3/4" from the end? 

Didn't those guys put up any drawings or is it all just Dave talking? 

Frosty The Lucky.

pretty sure they call for a 9" pipe not a 6" pipe like I have on there right now. But Without a good flare I'm kind of at the mercy of what I've got at the moment. 

Holes are measured out 2" from the end of the pipe and 2 3/4" and drill them out alternating pattern around the pipe. 

The video didn't give a good explaination for the street elbow. However I did read a post YOU replied to Frosty about a Mathewson burner and you had stated how you didn't understand the need for the elbow (which I agreed with) so I by passed it for now until I get another reason for it. 

I haven't found a good source to get in contact with either of these gentlemen. I though I saw Dave on this forum but couldn't find him in the members list. 

Mat work right now but will fire it up when I get home and post another pic. 

Personally I would recommend a T burner. They are so simple a teen could make one and they work very well. Bought all the parts for less than $20, had 2 built in less than an hour. both work great with no tweeking other than gas pressure .  The burner your doing sounds like a headache to me. Jmo

Personally I would recommend a T burner. They are so simple a teen could make one and they work very well. Bought all the parts for less than $20, had 2 built in less than an hour. both work great with no tweeking other than gas pressure .  The burner your doing sounds like a headache to me. Jmo

Yeah I will probably go back to a t-burner but I like to see things through and understand how things work. I've tried several different burners already. not a headache... yet anyway. I'm in no rush

Dave hasn't been a member for quite a while. 

My question wasn't clear. The overall length of the piece of pipe you make the burner from isn't that important. By tube I meant "Mixing" tube, not being clear was my bad. The mixing tube is the length of burner from the last air intake port to the outlet end. Not counting the flare.

If you packed all that in a 6" length it's WAY short.

How can the holes be drilled from 2" AND 2 3/4" from the end? 

Didn't those guys put up any drawings or is it all just Dave talking? 

Frosty The Lucky.

Oh mixing tube? Then yeah I'm short cause the entire tube is 6" haha.