I Forge Iron

Hammer in at Ben's Mill Barnet Vermont

The 2017 Hammer-in will be held on Saturday, August 26th from 1-5 PM. Demonstrations starting at 2:00. As before, if you would like to participate, please feel free to attend. If you would like to come, please let ‘Mike’ know so we have a ballpark figure of participants. 1-802-357-2010 or by e-mail at info@bensmill.com  The mill will furnish the refreshments.

Price:  FREE!

If you are not familiar with Ben’s Mill, it is a formerly water-powered woodshop and blacksmith shop in Barnet, VT. Ben Thresher was a local legend for his ability to fix or build just about anything out of wood or metal. The mill is owned by a non-profit, Ben’s Mill Historic Trust, with the goal of preserving and continuing to use the building and all the original equipment still located there. Our website, http://bensmill.com/ can give you more information about the mill. We hope to see you on the 26th!

Ben's Mill 2236 West Barnet Rd
Barnet VT 05821
United States

• 3 weeks later...

This was a great afternoon! Lucian did a very interesting demo. Had some fun with trying out a coal forge before he showed up, and worked with a guy starting a bottle opener. I wish there was something like this every weekend close by. 

Ben's Mill is worth the trip to check it out, lots of neat stuff there. Great folks too.

Lucian is an amazing smith.  I had the honor of working with him at Richard Spreda's shop in Stowe, Vt  20 years ago.  I learned more from him in 2 years than I had (have) before or since.  

Wish I could have made it on Saturday, was planning on going but life got in the way.  Next time!