I Forge Iron

Anvil Identification, please

I hate doing this, but I'm looking real hard at an auction about 2 hours from where I live and I'm trying to find out everything I can about this before I drive that far, The only thing the auction house says it the dimensions for it are 22" long x 8.5" wide x 11.5" tall. And they don't know the weight. It's hard for me to estimate the weight of it. So, any suggestions would be appreciated. 

It looks like a german made church anvil. Other than that, I have no idea. 

Anvil.docx

Hard to tell from the photos, but it looks like the face could be significantly damaged. That would certainly give me pause.

You don't have your location in your profile (you can add it in the settings), so it's hard to tell whether or not you live in an anvil-rich area. If you're in Antarctica, I would imagine that any anvil at all would be worth the drive.

I attempted to scale these pictures and take measurements off of them in cad. I am pretty confident in the results from the top view, as that includes a tape measure. However the side view would be a rough best guess as I can't see where that tape measure is starting from to get the 21.750" measurement. At a 1/4" or so over 10" tall by my rough measure the height listed by the seller seems a bit short. However that width listed seems farther off. By my measure it's 4.5" wide per that tape measure.

As to the pattern, age, usage with the dip in the face, etc. I can be of no help. I'm also less than helpful in terms of weight, but perhaps with some better ideas of dimensions someone else can chime in.

ANVIL HELP.JPG

ANVIL HELP2.JPG