I Forge Iron

TNT Triple6

templehound

Design, size, material on this locking liner are rather familiar, except the blade steel called TNT Triple6.

It is one of the creations of my friend and highly respected colleague Achim Wirtz (wootz@web.de), who creates steels and alloys like music.

The most important ingredients of this cold work tool steel are about 1% C and Tungsten, Niob and Titanium 0,6% of each.

This results in one of the most sophisticated steels for knife blades...the flipside of the coin is its workability that I can literally describe as vicious...I never had a steel that screwed up my concept so often....and after successfull completion I promised myself never to work with it again.

Just after testing the blade, I knew I only have to wait until the troubles begin to fade and than maybe, (probably) I am on it again.....:ph34r:

Cheers

TNT1,k..jpg

TNT2,k..jpg

TNT3,k..jpg

TNT9,k..jpg

TNT4,k..jpg

TNT8,k..jpg

TNT9a,k..jpg

TNT6,k..jpg

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 9:34 PM, Gergely said:

Beautiful blade! All of it is plain joy to look at. I'm a big fan of your works.

Bests:

Gergely

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 11:53 PM, Daswulf said:

I'm a big fan as well. perfect design and flawless execution. It is always an inspiration.

Gergely, Daswulf, there is no bigger compliment, Thanks a lot, Fellas

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 10:22 AM, Scrambler82 said:

Beautiful Knife and your display pictures are well executed also.

Torx cross bolts, nice look !

Thanks for the fine comment Scrambler82 !