I Forge Iron

How to Forge Escutcheon Plate Pintel for Strap Hinge

https://youtu.be/E49v_OjqR48

This is the last "How to" in the this hinge forging series.. There will be a basic "How to" in the future but this was the job I had at hand..  there are 4 videos in the series and they have been helpful in getting warmed back up after taking off (semi retired) in the forging department.. 

Video#1

Video Number 2.. https://youtu.be/vtL5BGIe7eQ

Video Number 3 :  

3 hours ago, WNC Goater said:

Ouch.  My arm ached just watching! :o

Thats funny.. My arms ache not using it..   My arms and shoulders haven't felt this good ever since I retired..   It's something that has to worked up to..  I would never recommend anybody just start with a large hammer..  Took me about 5 years to be able to use a 6lbs as my normal forging hammer.. I only use it once in awhile now.. I'm still getting back into shape. I use the 4lb cross peen the most now..  

2 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Unfortunately I can't view the videos.....!:angry:

How come?   The videos are not embedded so while they look like they will play, they won't.  You actually have to go to Youtube or click on the link provided.... There are links for each.. Just click the links and it should take you to YOutube.. 

Or just go over to the JLP services Inc youtube page and there are a whole bunch both 2D and 3D..  If you don't have a 3D capable player just choose the 2D ones.. They usually will just have a title  vs   Title 3D.   

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8WRbArfgi8kSaDek7kh_1Q

I can't watch because they are only viewable on youtube, It will not accept my email to log in and if not logged in I have to complete a form each time I visit which I'm not prepaired to do each and every visit. I can watch from other sites if the settings permit or if I have the tittle of the video to carry out a search.

If as you have done on the last opst provided a link to your channel that also works, thanks jlp.....

4 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

I can't watch because they are only viewable on youtube, It will not accept my email to log in and if not logged in I have to complete a form each time I visit which I'm not prepaired to do each and every visit. I can watch from other sites if the settings permit or if I have the tittle of the video to carry out a search.

If as you have done on the last opst provided a link to your channel that also works, thanks jlp.....

Sorry about that.. I won't let the videos be embedded. . I have been doing the videos for the sake of sharing what I know but I don't want them to be used by nefarious types as their own..  I'm sorry..

Is there a reason you just don't use a site password keeper? 

I have found people on MAC's can have more problems and Safari seems to do ok.. 

If you try different browsers it might solve the problem..       If you end up not finding a work around.. I'll embed them for a short time frame for those having problems.. 

It could be a UK thing, could be a microsoft thing, although I use firefox. This all started when they linked youtube and google and tried to make everyone have a gmail account. I have not been able to access my own youtube account since then. As I've now got a link to your channel I should be able to view without problems in the future and if you post the title of the video "how to ....." it's an easy copy, paste, search video and view from what ever browser one is using.

Having now watched it, very informative, I learn somethng with everyone. I'm also getting used to the extra window, I found it annoying at first but have learned to ignore it untill I want to see it.....!

Many thanks JPL, keep em comming.

54 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

It could be a UK thing, could be a microsoft thing, although I use firefox. This all started when they linked youtube and google and tried to make everyone have a gmail account. I have not been able to access my own youtube account since then. As I've now got a link to your channel I should be able to view without problems in the future and if you post the title of the video "how to ....." it's an easy copy, paste, search video and view from what ever browser one is using.

Having now watched it, very informative, I learn somethng with everyone. I'm also getting used to the extra window, I found it annoying at first but have learned to ignore it untill I want to see it.....!

Many thanks JPL, keep em comming.

Glad you got it sorted.. 

I'm an android user for my phone, so having a google account has worked out very well since I can access all my information from my phone while on the road.. Calendar, email, google+ and pictures.. Very handy, but I get it..  

I never like to have my hand forced to do anything and now that a lot of software is leased yearly or that is the direction it is heading in.. I'm not sure how it's going to tally up.. As myself.. I pay for it, I want to own it.. 

Sometimes the PIP can be a bit confusing but you got it figured out.. I really need to by some new cameras..  But the new shop will be going up this year and all my resources will be tied up there..  40X60x14 but 80Ft overall  4 work stations for smithing/teaching,  machine shop area, welding area and Auto repair area.. 

I have found that the cleaner the footage the easier the videos are to watch but the cameras I am using are true 3D cameras so are made into 2D and all the close up stuff is being software enhanced vs moving the camera or using a true lens.. 

Thats the reason the second picture is out of focus sometimes.. the camera is nearly 7ft from the anvil on the front and only 2ft from the horn.. 

As for links I try to keep the names consistent with the heading.. I'll do better.. Sadly my memory isn't as good as it used to be so by the time I walk from the trailer to the house I have already forgotten what size stock I have used..   LOL.. I usually have to walk back and forth 3 or 4 times before I realize I should just write it down.. :O)