I Forge Iron

Seeking Swage Block Information

Runningman541

Any help with the maker or design information regarding this swage block?  

58ff8f9f417b0_SwageBlockandStand.thumb.jpg.f3e085b79f913fbc2123939363469706.jpg58ff8f92bf418_SwageBlock2.thumb.jpg.29643c82e5abeca8f0585a7040be4f24.jpg

It measures approximately 24" x 24" x 7" and weighs (best guess) 500-600 ish pounds.

It came with a really nicely constructed stand that weighs 150-200lbs.

Have not found any maker's mark on it.

Welcome aboard Runningman, glad to have you. If you'll put your general location in the header you might be surprised how many of the Iforge crew are within visiting distance.

That's a heck of a swage block and that looks like a stand made for it. Sweet score. Is it yours, you shopping, selling, ?

I have a Lancaster pattern block but it was made in the old Rail road foundry during the road commission days before Alaska was admitted as a State in '59. It's a common enough pattern but the blocks were most  often cast where ever.

I don't know anything about your block in particular other than you'll need lifting gear to shift it in the stand, I use a engine hoist, or cherry picker.

Do you have more pictures?  A look at all the edges might be enough clue to get your answers.

Frosty The Lucky.

Thank you for the feedback.

This is a new addition to my shop, in Eugene Oregon.

When I bought it the fella told me he got it from up in the Seattle, Wa. area.

Once it is lifted into place I will post some new pics.  One thing I have learned is my 400# patient lift was not cut out for the job. I'll be picking up an engine lift soon.