I Forge Iron

Wilson08

First of all welcome! Second there are two pins that you should read through, Burners 101 and Forges 101 yes it will take a few hours but it is well worth it, bring a note pad and take notes. You can also go to wayne coe's website, he has lots of info on forge making.

Folks here won't spoon feed you the info, they will however answer questions when it seems that you have done your homework first.

Hi Wilson08.  welcome aboard. 

First, read as much of the information in this section as possible.  Especially the pinned posts.  You'll find that the answer depends on what you want to build and there are many different answers already provided for that subject.

Also, Frosty will soon come by and tell you to put your location in your profile.   You might beat him to it and do the update now.

welcome to the forum! I would strongly suggest put your location in under your avatar.  some answers may be location sensitive, and this is a world wide site. What kind of forge you are thinking of? (LP, coal, coke, wood, charcoal, nitroglycerin, cryptonite, etc.) I would also suggest starting with simple projects and working your way up to knives, which are pretty advanced.