I Forge Iron

Wedding knife set project.

I posted earlier in the induction oil etc section about the type of method for heat treating and tempering for a wedding set that I will be working on. My next bit of delima is this: I have been looking for the ideal steel to use for kitchen knives. From what I have read, SS is not a good option for high end kitchen knives, the consensus seems to be that "no-stain" steel is much better because of edge retention and sharpness. I am somewhat lost as to what steel I should use(within a reasonable cost) that would be more or less ideal for this purpose. If y'all could point me in the right direction with reading materials or your own experience/knowledge I would greatly appreciate it.

I did some more digging and looking at the class section. After a while it seems like AEB-L would be a good choice. I have read that it is used for many cutlery applications because of its sharpness toughness and corrosion resistance. Any reasonable objections? Oh, its also cheap from Steel Barron.