I Forge Iron

Greetings!

JoshuaMS

Hello everyone!

I have been a member here for some time now but have not been very active, so I thought a proper introduction was in order.

Originally from North Carolina I have been blacksmithing ever since 2010 when I took a beginners course at John C. Campbell Folk School. A couple years later I attended Haywood Community College as a Professional Crafts Jewelry student, where I also received a certificate in blacksmithing. I started blacksmithing because I wanted to learn to make swords, and while that passion still remains I have grown to love the intricacy of hand tools. I have recently been working as a missionary using my skills for social development, including working with an agriculture based program in Texas to build a small off grid workshop. I also have travelled some in Sweden, where I had the privilege of meeting Peter Johnsson whose work has been a great inspiration.

Here are a few examples of my work:

Sword-of-Lucis-FS1.jpgSword-of-Lucis-FS4.jpgSeax1FS.jpgSeax2FS.jpgJoshuaSneadHorseKnife.jpgPuzzle Pendant3.jpg