I Forge Iron

Retired Army guy in TX

Mengtian

Morning.  I am a retired Army SGM that is living in TX.  My interests lately have been woodworking and carving.  I do everything from pens to boxes to furniture and scroll work.  I also work at home for a large company which keeps me busy and the old grey matter ticking :D  I just decided to try my hand at knife making for now and see how that goes.  I have some old files hanging around and some 1080 steel I was going to play with.

Looking forward to learning a lot.

Thanks for joining and your service (first sergeants and sergeant majors wher about the only NCO's I got along with, lol) do your home work (read the stickies and atleast the last 24 hours of posts) and you will be surprised how much help and encouragement you will get from real honest to god "ex-spurts" show your mistakes as well as your successes, as this is a historical as well as contemporary document.   

Welcome aboard, glad to have you. Thanks for serving, we owe you guys everything. If you'll put your general location in the header you might be surprised how many Iforge folk live within visiting distance.

One of the largest blacksmith demographics a short time ago were wood workers who wanted to make their own tools say a planer blade rather than spending obscene $ to have one custom made or hardware, etc.

Once you've gotten a taste of manipulating HOT steel you're hooked and good.

We LOVE pics but keep them G rated please this is a family site.

Frosty The Lucky.