I Forge Iron

Questions about Fisher anvil

I was offered this anvil from one of my dads patients. It was her fathers but he passed away a couple years ago. She's asking $295 for it but I think I could get it for $275.

It looks like it says "Tent, apr, 24, 1877" on the front end, followed by "FISHER" below that. From what I understand, fisher anvils are very sought after, is it worth it? 

I'm not sure how heavy this one is but they said it's probably around 100lbs. I haven't seen it in person yet so all I have to go by is these images. but from what I can tell it doesn't have any noticeable cracks or chips and is described as being in good condition. What should I look for when I go to see it?

She's also selling the forge but she wants $450 for that and I figure I could probably build one for cheaper.

Thanks,

Evan

IMG_20160913_161735_057.jpg

IMG_0858.jpg

IMG_0856.jpg

IMG_0857.jpg

1 hour ago, George Geist said:

The word before the date is patent. Anvil looks to be a pretty early one but I'd sooner let Josh speak for that. I'd say it's a good price for that anvil. If you like it buy it. On the other hand I'm inclined to think that forge priced a little high.

George

I guessed it meant patent but all I can see is "Tent" so that's what I wrote in the OP. 

I'm new around here, who's Josh?

His name on here is NJAnvilman and he knows more about the Fisher and Norris Company than anyone else on planet Earth

Also, being as you're new and haven't heard it yet there will be guys on here that are obsessed with telling you to post your location. I won't do that. Not only because I don't care where people are from but I recommend you don't do that just to get under their skin. Is kinda fun.;)

George