Jump to content
I Forge Iron

Recommended Posts

I've attached a picture of a fancy hook I'd like to make.  The center hook and the two side scrolls are connected with a series of thin bands running around the middle.  I'm trying to find out what this banding process is called so I can get information on how to do it. 




Fancy hook.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just based off that picture the maker probably didn't use 4 thin pieces to collar that together, I would guess instead it's a piece of flat bar that he chiseled those marks in for decoration. That's what I would do at least, instead of trying to do the same process 4 times over, or trying to fold all 4 pieces at once around. I'm not saying it couldn't be done, just that a single bar would be easier 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...