I Forge Iron

Victor Regulator for Oxygen problem..!!

Problem is the lever on this regulator doesn't open or close the oxygen flow...and I don't know why...anyone can help? Reason?

I can twist completely open or closed and nothing happens to affect oxygen flow to torch...torch is completely open once tank is turned on. BOTH gauges show pressure soon as tank is opened up.

RUH8210.jpg

I listed this question in welding and fab...but figured I would ask it here to since I wanted to heat something with it. Was going to show someone the color "scale" with the torch real quick didn't work out because....

Problem is the lever on this regulator doesn't open or close the oxygen flow...and I don't know why...anyone can help? Reason?

I can twist completely open or closed and nothing happens to affect oxygen flow to torch...torch is completely open once tank is turned on. BOTH gauges show pressure soon as tank is opened up.

RUH8210.jpg

merged it with the existing thread,  do NOT spam the site one post about it is plenty

The lever? There isn't a lever on the regulator, there is one on the cutting torch handle though.

If you mean the T handle adjustment screw I have an easy fix for you. Take it to the welding supply shop and have it serviced or replaced. An oxy tank has far too much pressure to take chances with releasing a couple hundred cu/ft. of pure oxy in the shop. Know what happens to the T screw if there's a failure of the threads with 3,200+psi behind it? Can you say bullet?

The main Welding supply guys in Anchorage (back when) used to just exchange old torch sets for new rather than service them unless they were only a few years old. The guy at the counter told me a new Victor set cost them less than what they made repairing a set and they were more likely to have to deadline and replace it anyway. Not to mention having to take a guy off paying job. It cost a lot less to just replace them and Victor pretty much footed the bill. Seriously, if it wasn't something really basic they just handed you a new set, didn't even ask for the other tips, hoses, etc.

Even if you have to pay, take it to the shop.

Frosty The Lucky.

Yes T handle...

Air gas wanted $65 to "service" it..meaning they send it out...to many liability reasons to even humor me on info...

So I guess I am off to a shop. It kills me to have to pay to have it fixed/replaced/or whatever when it "Seems" so basic of a thing...like repair this or that part...

Urgh!  I did take it apart to see what I could see...because nothing is shouting "Fix Me!" I went to the boards...

But I already told myself I would listen to "Frosty" if he/you commented...Thank you...good points.

One more extra stop tomorrow...

The shops up here probably send regs to a factory for servicing now too. Liability is a major thing with any gas supply appliance and oxy is SOOOO dangerous. $65 is dirt cheap compared to what can go wrong.

You honor me and all I wanted to do is prevent the loss of a friend. I'm selfish like that you know, I don't have so many friends I can afford to  lose any if I can help it.

Frosty The Lucky.

$65 is about average to have a regulator rebuilt.  We don't even keep the parts anymore for liabilty reasons.  All it takes is some goober to use some of that n o oil and blow himself up.  Yes, I actually had a guy as for some N O oil.  'cause the regulator says "USE NO OIL" on it.  Some mom and pop supplies might rebuild in house, but most are outsourcing due to liability reasons.