I Forge Iron

insane or inane street sign

Pault17

I just had to get a picture of this speed limit sign.
I was driving through a small "private" neighborhood this evening and was amazed at the lunacy of the inhabitants. The sad part is my taxpayer dollars helped pay for this thing.

you_gotta_be_kidding.JPG

I don't think there is a marking for this on my speedometer.
Oh, and sorry for the blur. I was laughing too hard to hold real still.:o

How does it cost any more than a regular speed limit sign?

Studies have shown that people pay more attention to "oddball" stuff like this and getting people to pay attention to their speed is what they are trying to do---so I guess it's *saving* money rather than having to use oversized signs or multiple ones.

If you can't estimate 17 on your spedometer; do 15 or if you habitually exceed the speed limit be glad that you could do 25 and not be in the 10mph over bracket when you get a ticket....

Shoot I've been in my house 4 years now and our county road finally got a replacement street sign! I don't know how many years before I moved there the original one had been missing.

• 3 weeks later...

Our City municipal building is in a cul-de-sac , it contains both the city tax offices and the police department. For years the sign read "Dead End" until someone posted a sign that said "Where you taxes go to die" and it was published in the paper. Now the sign reads "No Exit", still fitting for the police department.