I Forge Iron

Inlaws aren't always bad

image.jpg

My wife's grandfather Wes has a welding shop, years ago when his father in law passed away Wes' son bought these tongs at the estate sale, and they have sat in the shelf ever since. Some of these are frozen up, which can be fixed, some I don't see a use for though I'll keep them, and some are just odd.image.jpg

These strike me more as salad tongs than forging tongs.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Some of the jaws are fairly beat up and may need some repair, these are alittle thin.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Well, two pair are wrenches, think water pump pliers. The salad tong looking ones are for picking stuff up say bearings out of a fire, hot coals, or . . . something. Wolf jaw round bits, cup and maybe short flat bits. The one that looks like a 4 fingered bit with a 2 finger bit to grab with looks interesting I'd like to play with it and see. I don't know what the one with the worn pointy it is, something special or broken off.

ATF and acetone are good for breaking rust loose without messing up the moving parts.

Frosty The Lucky.