I Forge Iron

A hawk 2 blades

Nice clean work.  I particularly like the knotwork details.  Was that conventional hand engraving, chisel and chasing, or machine engraving?  Also, did you upset the stock ends before you forged out the two blade ends, or was the 1" stock large enough to do this?

Really like your double edged hawk, though I'm not exactly sure why it isn't just a double bladed hand axe (think some of them had tapered handles, didn't they)?  The last question I have is with the handle wrapping.  Not that you would be likely to throw this kind of presentation weapon, but having thrown some hawks I can see where a full wrap like this would get in the way of a clean release.

9 hours ago, Latticino said:

Nice clean work.  I particularly like the knotwork details.  Was that conventional hand engraving, chisel and chasing, or machine engraving?  Also, did you upset the stock ends before you forged out the two blade ends, or was the 1" stock large enough to do this?

Really like your double edged hawk, though I'm not exactly sure why it isn't just a double bladed hand axe (think some of them had tapered handles, didn't they)?  The last question I have is with the handle wrapping.  Not that you would be likely to throw this kind of presentation weapon, but having thrown some hawks I can see where a full wrap like this would get in the way of a clean release.

Hi Latticino thanks for your compliments just hammer and chisel and daylight .

The stock was upset enough when i slit  him  and hammered him .  LOL . if i wanted to make the jaw and beard bigger i would have upset  the ends a bit .

As for handles there so many varing different from tapered to the wedgeing .

You probably right on handle wrap i havent thrown it thanks.

Chris

7 hours ago, tdaleh said:

Chis another exelent piece of your work . Like the leather work on the handle . The engraving adds to the overall look . Thanks for sharing your talent with us. 

Hi tdaleh thanks for your time to coment appreciate .

Chris

3 hours ago, Benton Frisse said:

Chris, you never cease to amaze me. Beautiful work! 

Hi there Benton much appreciated thank you very much .

Chris