I Forge Iron

Yea another newbie

Ronnie

Hello all

Not much to say other than I am new to smithing. Like I have no idea what I am doing :). I have been working with metal most of my life welding, cutting, pipe bending and fitting. Just seem like a good direction to take now. Thanks teejay for pointing me in the direction for information and help. I mainly interested in forge welding and producing damascus knives.

Howdy from East TEXAS! and welcome to IFI. You are amongst some good folks here, a TON of information and willing spirits to share. I encourage you to join Saltfork Craftsmen and Artistic Blacksmith Association, it is the ABANA chapter in Oklahoma. We, yes I am a member, have 4 regions to choose from depending on your location in OK. The web site is Saltfork Craftsmen . Some of the best folks to 'play in the fire' with. Several of the members are registered here on IFI. Check the site out and PM me if you have any questions. Once again, welcome.