I Forge Iron

need help identifying this anvil to satisfy my own curiosity. This is the anvil i use at my work, it has been here in this shop since way before my time. there are no markings that i can find anywhere. my best guess its a lower tier cast anvil. any info is appreciated. thanks!

IMG_0024.JPG

IMG_0025.JPG

IMG_0026.JPG

10 minutes ago, Yuppiejr said:

First guess is a Trenton (Google image-search-fu) and seems to be in remarkably good condition.

I really have no clue. im a true beginner but ive used this anvil at work for different fab work off and on for the last 5 years and i was just curios. however i just did a google search for trenton, and all the ones im seeing have solid feet, this one has holes in it..?

Are those feet retrofitted?   Otherwise NOT a trenton.  Small hardy and fat heel also un trenton like  What does the bottom look like?.

Anybody can drill holes in their anvils feet it's just the location of them do not look like a trenton.

2 minutes ago, ThomasPowers said:

Are those feet retrofitted?   Otherwise NOT a trenton.  Small hardy and fat heel also un trenton like  What does the bottom look like?.

Anybody can drill holes in their anvils feet it's just the location of them do not look like a trenton.

IMG_0027.JPG

IMG_0028.JPG

What does the ball bearing test show?      It's looking like a cast to me and there are a lot of oddball ones out there.  A widow of a blacksmith once told me about having a bunch of anvils cast using the armor of WWII naval  surplus; High Nickel.

15 hours ago, ThomasPowers said:

hitting the bottom with the grinder shouldn't do much

okay, so i did the spark test. im thinking its definitely cast iron. it does however throw quite a bit more sparks than another peice of cast i had laying around. did some research and i think its because it is "white cast". not 100% on this.

14 hours ago, Nobody Special said:

There's also the "thunk" test. Hit it with a hammer. If it's rings like a bell, steel, or wrought and steel (although not in this case I think). If it makes a quiet thunk, cast iron.

there is a pretty dead thunk in the center of the face, however the horn and heel have a much more crisp sound. not a ringing, but very sharp.