I Forge Iron

LITTLE GIANT 100 LB

Hello fellas, I need to splice my belt put another belt on my power hammer was wondering were to get them. Someone said i need the ones for far equipment of something. Anyone know how to put them on splice belts and the best price for these things.

I also need flat dies and don't want to pay a gazillion dollars to buy a set any recommendations would be mighty powerful nice.

We called them alligator clips at Jelly Belly. We had the clips and the tools to do 4" belts, and the big one did up to 18" wide belts. The clips are not that bad, but the tools are pricey. 

I have sewn a belt together and had it do great. 

If you have a company near you that has conveyor belts they should have the tools, and they may do it for you. A bearing, belt , and chain store would also have the ability to do it.

Listen to the Doctor.  Alligator splices are easy if you have the tools and the splices themselves are not much money.  It's the little bit of labor to have someone who has the tools do it for you that will be most of the cost.  It's generally worth it to have someone experienced do the deed.  They will possibly need to know your required finished length so take the time to determine that--even if you have the belt in-hand, it might have stretched or have some problem you haven't noticed so you want the information needed to start from scratch just in case.  Save yourself an extra trip on the off chance you do need to start from scratch.

Yes, you can do them yourself.  Look up alligator lacing on one of the industrial supply sites.  It's just much smoother, straighter,  and better if they are installed with the proper tools. (alligator is actually a brand but should bring up the category also)

I've assumed you mean a flat belt...V belt is a different story.

Well my post suggesting you try a local farm implement place disappeared.  They should have both belting, clips and tools and should be able to give you a quote for having a belt made up for you.  A lot of the older implements used flat belting and I still see it in use around Socorro NM for hay balers...