I Forge Iron

Back from the 70's, Boehler 135WCrV4 TWR

templehound

This locking liner has a forged blade made of 1.2513, some steel rarity, that is not produced since the mid 70's.It was used to produce the ignition wheels of lighters, to mention one of its purposes.

This could make it appropriate showing up in a forging forum.

so we have 1.2513 for the blade with 93 mm in length, 6Al4V titanium for the liners, spring, clip and other mechanical parts are all made from high carbon spring steel and the handle slabs are made from Padouk root( Pterocarpus Macrocarpus).

Overall length measures 210 mm.

Resize of BS1,k..jpg

Resize of BS8,k..jpg

Resize of BS7,k..jpg

Resize of BS3,k..jpg

Resize of BS2,k..jpg

Resize of BS5,k..jpg

Resize of BS9,k..jpg

• 1 month later...
On 4/6/2016 at 0:22 AM, rhitee93 said:

Very clean execution!  These liner locks have caught my attention lately, and I may have to try one.  Do you have any assembly pics you would care to share?

Thanks rhitee93!...I do not  have assembly pics of the posted knife, but of another which makes no difference because the mechanic and its parts are the same.

here is a link to a small German forum where I post on occasions....

folders are an open fine mechanic and they must be maintained to keep their performance. a lot of customers are afraid to disassemble it, so I posted the process to encourage them doing it.

it shows most of its interior.

If You have any questions about it feel free to ask.

On 4/6/2016 at 1:03 AM, TwistedCustoms said:

I knew I wasn't the only good thing to come out of the 70s! Seriously, awesome job, clean lines all around.

Thanks a lot, TwistedCustoms!