I Forge Iron

Maine smith

firegnome

Hi everyone, I was glad to find this today. I have been smithing for 15 years now and have a small hobby shop in my garage. I also help support the local historical society where we meet in the summer every Friday night at the local fair grounds in a historical shop.
I would like to meet other smiths in my area I have done basic forging as well as knife work and Damascus. I look forward to meeting more people here.
Thank you
Firegnome

Howdy form East TEXAS! and welcome to IFI. If you are looking for other blacksmiths in your area we are going to need a little more info on you....like, WHERE the heck are ya? :) If you will go into your profile scroll down to additional information and you can just give us a horseshoe toss as to where you are. Your exact GPS location is really not necessary. ;) Any way kick off your shoes, sit back and enjoy the site. TONS if good info here and a bunch of great guys and gals to help out, just ask.

Firegnome
Go to the top of the forum page and click on User CP
Click on edit profile
Go to the bottom of the page, enter your location and save.

We would like to know where in the world your located.
Yes, I know Maine, but this way it puts it with your posts.

Hi I am living in Hampden now but I was in Sidney for 10 years supporting the Windsor historical society blacksmith shop .
I took some classes at the New England school of metal working when I was in between jobs. It is a very nice school and Derek Glaiser the dean of the school has been smithing for more then 30 years as a full time job. I will get in and update my profile and post more info soon as I want to start having open forging at my home when spring starts on Friday nights.
Firegnome
Jim

• 1 month later...

I went to the Windsor fairgroud today and went to the Blacksmith shop. It was so awesome to watch the two people create such 'cool' pieces. I heard they meet on Friday nights to 'hang-out' together in the warmer weather. I am looking forward to learning more.