I Forge Iron

Exciting developement with my 1yr old girl

Last night as I sat infront of the TV my daughter was watching me put the viens in a little copper ivy leaf ( cold of course). I turned my back to answer the Phone and she had picked up the rubber mallet and punch I'd been useing. I was amazed at the coordination she exhibited in "chiseling" her mothers coffe table. I had not realized she'd been watching me that closely, as she was hitting precisely the same way I had been! Needless to say I got chewed for just standing with my mouth open as Tatianna worked the hammer instead of taking it away from her! Boys I think I got a natural on my hands, but I'll find out fer sure when she gets a bit older.

I'll find out for sure when she gets a bit older.

Seems like you found out already.

Give her tools that she can call her own and metal or clay to work with and a place to work safely (as in not to attract the rath of the mother). Let her work beside you at her pace. You may even want to take photos to hold for ransom later. :)

Oh, those marks on the coffee table are called distressed. The furnature charges an extra $500 for that "look". May want to use a sharpie and put her name and the date on the bottom of the table and reason for the marks. Just a note for her to find at some point in the future :)

Kids, remember it would have been cute if someone else wrote the story. You just too close to the action to enjoy the moment.

Those marks are called Honey Marks in our house.

We had them indentified and dated. Like marks on the door facing for the different kids height, at different ages.

The disfiguring marks as yours, were signed off and dated.

We will occassionally have to show these marks to our kids to get the grandkids out of trouble.BOG.

I once stuck a knife over a hundred times in a solid oak door. I never did get that one lived Down.GRIN.

Chuck