I Forge Iron

Seabee

SwSeabee

Hi everyone mi name is Nick.

I am a US Navy seabee. We are responsible for provide construction support for navy and usmc. My job or rate is steelworker. My father was a machinist and I've been around metal work most my life. I just recently started screwing around with heating and beating. I'm nowhere near calling my self a blacksmith. I am eager to learn more. I'm from and live in the Orlando area.

Hi Nick

As a blacksmith and in the navy, there are some cool stuff you can make for yourself and some of your navy friends! Along with what Charles recommended, is that in my shop class almost all of the machinery was from the navy. We have grinders, buffers, drill press, lathe, and a milling machine. They used them becuase ups couldn't go and ship out a part if the ship needed repair from a mislead or what not. I hope you enjoy smithing!

Welcome aboard Nick, glad to have you. Thanks for serving. I have a pair of Nephews in the Seabees, good bunch. Military engineers are a potent branch, build it break it, oh YEAH!

There's LOTS of reading here, some of us windy types have answered most anything you might want to ask many times over. Get a handle on what you want to learn, it'll make it easier on all of us. You'll know enough to ask good questions and understand the answers. Easy on our end being you may have found your answer and we won't have to decipher your questions. It's a win win. ;)

Enjoy the addiction, once you've played with HOT fire and steel everything else is cold gravy.

Frosty The Lucky.

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

Welcome aboard Nick, glad to have you. Thanks for serving. I have a pair of Nephews in the Seabees, good bunch. Military engineers are a potent branch, build it break it, oh YEAH!

There's LOTS of reading here, some of us windy types have answered most anything you might want to ask many times over. Get a handle on what you want to learn, it'll make it easier on all of us. You'll know enough to ask good questions and understand the answers. Easy on our end being you may have found your answer and we won't have to decipher your questions. It's a win win. ;)

Enjoy the addiction, once you've played with HOT fire and steel everything else is cold gravy.

Frosty The Lucky.

Frosty,

Nick is one of the few new guys that you didn't have to tell to put his general location in so that he may find a local smith! You can tell he is going to be a good smith just by that! :)