I Forge Iron

ever seen one of these?

Happy (almost) New Year

Consider this the start of your Tool Set. The Stake Plate can be bolted to your Work Bench or a separate stand. Make the stand low enough so you can work comfortably at Stake height. When you see more Stakes, you will now know where you can use them. Originally they are used for forming Sheet Metal, but I have found I can use them when doing other things and want a hand to make a radius or a form.

Neil

I use my stake like that for making bracelets.  They are usually pretty soft as working sheetmetal doesn't need much.  The stake plate is a find as they can be VERY expensive new; just remember it's cast and not made to take a lot of impact---sheet metal work again.  I found a mint stake plate buried in the dirt at my favorite scrap yard---a square hole in the dirt was enough to set me digging; they had recently moved the front pile back on the lot and I was prospecting for old stuff uncovered.  (20 cents a pound...)