I Forge Iron

Hi, I was just wondering what buyers groups people belong to? Regional or national, either way. I'm going to try and sign up to Southern Farmers as apparantly there's a whole load of places you get good discounts at, including steel suppliers.

As the name implies, it's a regional group.

Sounds like what we call Co-Op's, or group buys, where people can use their larger group buying power,to get discounts from retailers.

I belonged to one awhile back for purchasing parts sets, which were demiled historical/obsoleted machine guns. By doing it as a group we were able to save substantial amounts from the various retailers, and also got deals on the accessories like magazines, belts, transit chests, etc.. I have seen them used for all sorts of items. 

Though I shudder at the term its called "collective bargaining" Unions have so sullied the term most folk don't even consider taking advantage.

For example get a dozen friends together and go talk to the insurance company about home owners, liability for your shop, etc. Compare to what you as an individual can get. Now get Say the ABANA membership to sign on.

We've gone in on a few things in out club, last year we bought zirconium silicate flour and had it flat rate mailed up for a total cost of $3.26/lb. We parceled it out in 10lb. batches.

Frosty The Lucky.