I Forge Iron

students utensil rack

Rashelle

Unfortunately no. Drove myself nuts just getting the phone to get that one picture. Lol made myself even more nuttier trying to resize it to get onto here. Darn putery stuff gives me headaches. He's still got a couple hooks to make for it, maybe he'll bring it back in next class. He plans on giving it as a gift though so don't know.

My phone takes great pics I just can't remember out how to move them to my comp so I just carry my OLD digital camera. By old my parents got it as a gift then gave it to me when digitals were cutting edge think mid 90's. I sure wish I could remember how to transfer files from my phone, it has better res and much more room like 32 gigs. <sigh>

Frosty The Lucky.

I like the look of that one,My wife has been after me to make one.  Unfortunately the one she want is above my skill level right now. Round, 24" OD, made to suspend for the ceiling and free spin.  I told her she might get it this time next year.

6 hours ago, Frosty said:

My phone takes great pics I just can't remember out how to move them to my comp so I just carry my OLD digital camera. By old my parents got it as a gift then gave it to me when digitals were cutting edge think mid 90's. I sure wish I could remember how to transfer files from my phone, it has better res and much more room like 32 gigs. <sigh>

Frosty The Lucky.

Frosty, I just email myself the pictures I take with my phone and save the attachment to my computer. Probably the round about way of doing it but, it works for me :).

I end up emailing the pic to me also. Then I have to refigure out how to resize the pic. Which seems to change each time and irritate me with the technology changing faster then I can devote time to keeping up with it. So I'm lucky if I get a good pic sent to myself.

12 minutes ago, Rashelle said:

I end up emailing the pic to me also. Then I have to refigure out how to resize the pic. Which seems to change each time and irritate me with the technology changing faster then I can devote time to keeping up with it. So I'm lucky if I get a good pic sent to myself.

There is a very simple app I downloaded for my phone that resizes and also corrects the sideways pictures. It was free. Don't know what kinda phone you have but look around out there. And believe me technology computer stuff is far from anything I'm good at. 

I have as much of my phone's smart turned off. If my memory worked all I need do is connect it to my computer with the USB cable and it will appear as an exterior drive. I just can't seem to remember how to get the phone to save pics in the right file. It's just another example of an over thought over complex system. And well an example of a TBI issue too. I'm not as flexible mentally as I used to be so figuring out what sort of logic the IT in Momma's basement thinks is THE way to do things is a LOT harder.

And no I'm not about to spend the extravagant fees just to send E-mail from my phone and who wants huge pic files of what someone ate for lunch? And no, I'm not sending selfies either. I do all my online stuff on my laptop.

Frosty The Lucky.

Frosty, I agree to a point. I mainly just got the app to use just for this forum because as you said, the ITguy in momma's basement made it where I gave up figuring most of that stuff out. I have better things to do with my time. Also when I'm taking pictures I don't always think to hold the phone to the side to take it. :rolleyes: But since I'm out and about all the time it is convenient for me to pay a bit extra to be able to research and send and read emails on the go in any down time I can find.  Anyway the app is easy and free and it works for me. 

Nothing wrong with smart phones I just don't want the hassle, especially texting. Talk to me, leave a short message or shoot me an email I'm not going to READ my phone. It's a curmudgeon thing. Maybe if I'd outsmarted that tree?

Frosty The Lucky.

22 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Nothing wrong with smart phones I just don't want the hassle, especially texting. Talk to me, leave a short message or shoot me an email I'm not going to READ my phone. It's a curmudgeon thing. Maybe if I'd outsmarted that tree?

Frosty The Lucky.

I refused to jump on the text band wagon but eventually got sucked in. For me it's convenient for quick communication that I don't have to look at right away. And I can also reference back easily say for a parts list or something like that for when my own brain memory lets me down. Of course leaving a message is about the same. There's nothing wrong either way. It's communication. :) 

Thanks Daswulf. I'll get a friend to figure out the app issue, heehee. Funny thing once upon a time the military wanted me to change MOS and go computer tech for them, amongst a couple of the choices they wanted me to change over to. I just never cared to keep up with the technology as I enjoy more physical activity. Computery stuff is a means to a short end for me.

6 minutes ago, Rashelle said:

Thanks Daswulf. I'll get a friend to figure out the app issue, heehee. Funny thing once upon a time the military wanted me to change MOS and go computer tech for them, amongst a couple of the choices they wanted me to change over to. I just never cared to keep up with the technology as I enjoy more physical activity. Computery stuff is a means to a short end for me.

Computer stuff frustrates me but it is also a joy to be able to talk to people from all over and learn. So I guess it's a double edge sword to those of us that are more hands on physical oriented. All in all it's helpful. I only even mention it because what you and others post is very helpful and if I can help you in helping it's a win win :huh: something like that. :) I appreciate the posts.