I Forge Iron

Project for presant

I hide the nut on the stem by rounding the hex part of the nut off and welding it on so that the weld makes a sort of cone shape, like swelling under the petals on a rose. I usually make a star shaped disc of five sepals, which bend over that part as well, although I didn't mention that in the original post.

I've gotten good results with the finish when I've quenched in used motor oil, and then wire wheeled clean. Nice silver finish.

My thoughts on the projects, a woven brass, copper, steel bracelet would be real nice, nice enough that I'm going to be making one for my wife as soon as I can get a chance. At least brass/copper. Not sure I've got small enough steel rod.

1 minute ago, ThorsHammer82 said:

I've gotten good results with the finish when I've quenched in used motor oil, and then wire wheeled clean. Nice silver finish.

My thoughts on the projects, a woven brass, copper, steel bracelet would be real nice, nice enough that I'm going to be making one for my wife as soon as I can get a chance. At least brass/copper. Not sure I've got small enough steel rod.

You are gonna seal it somehow so it doesn't discolor the skin right? As far as steel rod goes you might try welding rod or the steel wire used to hold insulation up in between floor joists.

WOW guys i can post again!!!!......i have been trying to ask this question for days now....so from what is said you can use this "goop" bees wax, turpentine, boiled linseed oil to create this black finish... but i am assuming you do this right outa the forge? no grinding or  cleaning up or you do need to clean and grind ?