I Forge Iron

Followed me home and fixed

My wife got these at a horse auction for $200 and brought them home two nights ago. Plus some tongs. Good wife, no?

Spent a large chunk of today taking the blower apart, de-rusting, and painting. I'll put it back together when it's all dry, and paint the lettering. The Columbian is 70 lbs, has about 6 million percent rebound, and under all that rust was in near pristine condition.  Just a little minor damage from some *explicitve deleted" cold shoer. Went more aggressive than normal and used a knotted wheel to get the rust and gunk off, then some BLO TLC.....which oughta dry in a month or two in this weather.

champion1.thumb.jpg.49c42dbddc6d1537baf4blower4.thumb.jpg.26e46b28999d9a548f5019Blower3.thumb.jpg.61c98de8ac2e98870b26d6blower2.thumb.jpg.c772fdee4dd068f88fc7eacolumbian1.thumb.jpg.66d6e38108ec4e999a9Columbian2.thumb.jpg.c421e115aebd66234eb

Blower all done and purty. Fan needs adjustment, it's rubbing the housing, but the paint needs more cure time in this weather. It was tacky when I reassembled and I had to touch up a good bit. Probably bent the blades a little bit while cleaning the rust.

Blowerdone.thumb.jpg.7ad2a95d2b1192293f2

Edited by Nobody Special

• 2 weeks later...