I Forge Iron

How do you deal with stress?

I agree, Prayer works!...God also gives us family, friends and our faith community to help us work through the rough spots.
Many times when I have felt the stresses of life closing,(death of friends/family members or financial or what ever) talking seriously to to the good Lord laying it all out and asking his help or guidence works. Well it always seems he brings me face to face with very real examples of people or situations that are so much worse that My little problems just pale and fade. Usually right after that understanding, it seems a simple and direct solution occurs or a real sense of peace and I am humbled and sent back to my knees in prayer to give thanks.
I also always need to remember that God's answers to our prayer is not always Yes, sometimes it is a No or even wait...he'll answer in His own good time, so I have to have faith and patience.
Luke 12:22-..."Jesus said to his disciples".... "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear.Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes"......"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?".....O you of little faith! And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. For the world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them.....

Tim
"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?" For me, Sort of sums it up and drives it Home!!!