I Forge Iron

Blade worthy steel

Tempered Warrior

in the plain steel SAE 4 digit naming spec the last two digits are carbon content in points where 100 points equals 1%C; the first two digits refer to other alloying elements with 10 being a straight steel with only iron, carbon and a touch of manganese in it.

1011 and 1012 are very low carbon steels and would not make a good blade; in straight steels I would go with at least a 1050 and would encourage you to go higher in carbon content and think of differing alloys to; like 5160.

Now if it's not the SAE, and you haven't mentioned which spec system all I can say is that 1011 is more like frog steel

Hot rolled has no direct correlation as to alloy content.  If you don't know it's junkyard rules!  IE test each piece for hardening---hammer out an end to blade thickness, heat to nonmagnetic, quench in water and then WEARING PPE! try to break the piece you just worked.  For a blade it should shatter WEAR PPE (I generally bridge the step on my anvil and tap ut with a hammer WEARING PPE!)  If it just bends or breaks only after HEAVY hammering on it then it's not blade worthy.