I Forge Iron

very old new guy

manolito

I have recently retired and started spending some quality time with my forge and anvil. I have kept equipment running and made parts that could no longer be purchased. Now I am looking at fun things and I finally understand I have no right brain. I can copy almost anything but to make a new object is beyond my ability.

Retired from DOD and worked  acoustic research for most of my career. I retired to a small town many miles from nowhere. 60 miles to a Costco and 22 miles to a store. Raise 60 head of haired sheep and spend a lot of time drowning a worm with my wife of 43 years. Thank you for allowing me to join your site and I will promise to listen rather than talk.

Respectfully,

Bill

Welcome aboard Bill, glad to have you. Don't sweat it, being in your right mind is over rated there're lots of us here.

Acoustic research eh? Sounds interesting. I don't suppose advising you to wear hearing protection is necessary?

Enough funnin . . . for now. What do you have in mind to make? In general there're tools, decorative, architectural, and so on. Oh I suppose you've probably already clued us all in on that stuff and I forgot, happens to me all the time.

Frosty The Lucky.

I spend a lot of time in the "Why didn't I think of that" corner as well.   Welcome aboard IFI great place lots of nice people.  Watching what goes on here might jump start that right side for you. 

I too am lots of miles from shopping mall 20+ miles and about 85 to a Costco from the Vt farm. 

Edited by notownkid

Click on the gallery tab at the top of the page. 20.000+ images stored there so I am sure you will find something of interest that you can duplicate. It is just a bunch of small pieces that when put together make a larger piece that only looks complicated.

Welcome to the site.