I Forge Iron

Hello from Washington

hambone43

Good Morning Hambone,

Check out the North West Blacksmith Association website blacksmithdotorg. They have a monthly get-together in Longview. If you need a ride there will be lots of people going from the Seattle area.

Ausfire,

There is not "A" great Boeing Factory there, there are a pile. Not quite 1/4 of Seattle, but almost close (LOL):D:D Would that mean you were with the bunch that came to Seattle for ABANA, 2006??

Neil

There is not "A" great Boeing Factory there, there are a pile. Not quite 1/4 of Seattle, but almost close (LOL):D:D Would that mean you were with the bunch that came to Seattle for ABANA, 2006??

Neil

Neil,

No, it was 2006 though, while visiting friends in Vancouver, we just made a day trip to Seattle specially to see the Boeing factory there. I have an interest in aviation (but no experience with anything bigger than our light Cessna) and it was a real eye-opener to do the Boeing factory tour. Just the vastness alone was astounding.

While in Canada, I was fortunate to see Kootenay Forge. Lovely work, nice people. 

Good Morning Aus,

I haven't been through a Tour "IN" Seattle, or south of Seattle near Boeing Field, but I have been on the Tour of the Plant at Mukilteo (Paine Field). When I was there, there were 5 doors, each longer (wider) and wider (taller) than a football field. The building is 1/4 mile wide, service tunnels are under the working floor, there are change rooms at one end so if you wish to go running on your break 4 times through the tunnel is 1 mile. I think they have expanded that building to 7 doors. Visitor viewing tower is in the middle of the building. The size of the Boeing operation is mind numbing. I guess their products are also numbing.

Neil

Welcome aboard Hambone, glad to have you. Don't let the other guys fool ya a lot of use appreciate a good spastic post, then again some of us are pretty easy to amuse.

We love pics, projects, tools, equipment, pets, scenery, etc. Most anything you'd let an 8 yr old look at is good.

Frosty The Lucky.