I Forge Iron

Two burners off one regulator?

Rockit

I have a 0-20 psi regulator that I've been using to run a 3/4" sidearm burner.  I need to add a second burner to get to welding temp (508 ci interior volume).  Can I tee it off my current regulator or should I add another reg and tank?

Thanks.

Without owning the regulator that you own there is not way to tell.  What I can tell you is that some people seem to get away with it but some LPG tanks these days have over flow limiters  which  will prevent enough volume from being drawn.  So easy solution two tanks two regulators.  My solution has been to use industrial grade Propane regulators.

I have a 0-20 psi regulator that I've been using to run a 3/4" sidearm burner.  I need to add a second burner to get to welding temp (508 ci interior volume).  Can I tee it off my current regulator or should I add another reg and tank?

Thanks.

No problem, make a 1/4" pipe manifold after the reg or gauge and you''re golden. Running multiple burners will tend to freeze the propane tank faster though.

Below is my shop forge.

Frosty The Lucky.

V_V_18_07.thumb.jpg.6d12a7ef9c4e64d9a89d

A Ha says the cat to the mouse, Finally a picture of the Great Ones forge now I know what I must build (insert evil laugh please)

Jacky Gleason had a forge!? I didn't copy it honest, I didn't even know. :huh:

The pipe stub on the right above the jack is where the propane hose connects. Note it's well clear of the forge, the area where the ball valves are on the manifold is not much warmer than ambient.

I concur, Mike Porter's book is a good investment.

Frosty The Lucky.