I Forge Iron

Separate from what?  (and yes this rasp is dedicated to the task---but it was a used rasp)

Separate from your other rasps.

In my workshop we use such things as rasps, files, setsquares and tongs to stir our tea, knowing that the only contaminants we might be exposing ourselves to are nitric acid, ferric chloride, WD40, excelquench, dust, dirt, germs or poo (mouse, bird, hedgehog or bug), NOT the toenail clippings or footshavings of our fellow man (or woman). 

Oh I just remembered one of the founders of the girl scouts, Name not remembered but went by "Daisy" I think was an accomplished blacksmith. Her family estate still has pictures of the gates she made. Something for me, at least, to dream of emulating.

​Actually the gate itself is still around:

iron-gate-she-did-herself.jpg

• 4 years later...

Welcome to IFI, Burntladysmith! If you haven't yet, please READ THIS FIRST!!!

On 5/28/2015 at 11:57 PM, Rashelle said:

Oh I just remembered one of the founders of the girl scouts, Name not remembered but went by "Daisy" I think was an accomplished blacksmith. Her family estate still has pictures of the gates she made. Something for me, at least, to dream of emulating.

Juliette Gordon Low. According this website, she learned blacksmithing in Warwickshire, England:

It’s not for certain who taught her how to forge, but it’s suspected that the village blacksmith John Thomas Thorpe was the one who instructed her.  She took on a major endeavor by designing and then forging the gates for the entrance to Wellesbourne House.  Those original gates were later shipped to Savannah and to adorn the entrance of Gordonston Memorial Park, but are now on display at the Birthplace.  However, replicas made from Daisy’s design still hang at the Wellesbourne House entrance.