I Forge Iron

Frosty's T-Burner

jacob's hammer

If you already have the 0-30 reg there's no reason to buy another. There are a LOT of fittings to change size and type of connectors. Just take the parts with you and pick one that fits both. No reason to spend more money just to avoid an adapter fitting.

Frosty The Lucky.

thanks Frosty, the 1st burner was still new so I took back and got the Mr.Heater. Got some money back and don't need additional fittings. Burner works great in vise. Have small makeshift brick forge only 1(4")brick high X 1 brick wide X 3 bricks long and burner does good to certain point then sputters. back pressure? I can mess around with it again tonight, maybe set up forge different.

Try 1 brick deap and 3 bricks high, gives the fuel a chance to burn before it hits an obsticul, you can only work about 6" by hand anyway. this atleast is my understanding from an article I read resantly. I have seen a lot of forges only a brick high and 2 wide that worked well on a 3/4" burner (4"x4" x 8" or 4.5"x4.5"x9" inside, depending on the brick) doors help (simply use two bricks each end) but you have to have an opening)

That's the fix.

I went with 2 bricks tall and closed off about 2/3 of back and front openings and burner worked real well! I didn't have camera then or would of got pics, but after about 4 or 5 mins forge was at forging temps and  after probably 8 or 9min had real nice glow coming from fire chamber. Worked very well! I just went ahead and messed around with it for about 15minutes. Had fun but was unprepaired to do too much. Can't wait to get at it later this eve. Will get some pics.

So thanks for all the help you guys. I went from wishing I had a gas forge last week to WOW, I have a gas forge, in less than a week!!

Frosty's  T-Burner has got to be the best answer for noobs wanting an affordable gas forge. I have less than $35 into it, and that's counting the high pressure regulator for $20. The burner itself can be made for under $15 and the parts can be bought at most homedepots, mennards or ace hardwares or any hardware store. Really impressed. Thanks again. Pics coming soon.

Congrats, you have . . . FIRE! 

Better still, you have the experience of trouble shooting and tuning the whole system. The knowledge and experience are more valuable than the tool, it won't wear out or be too small someday. ;)

Frosty The Lucky.