I Forge Iron

tv blacksmiths

hdwarner

How about that scene in Robin Hood where he casts a steel arrowhead in medieval England---predating Huntsman's introduction of cast steel by centuries!

They were using lead or something.. the metal had a low melting temp as it wasn't even smoking the wood much so I don't knwo what they were trying to make it look like.

Orlando bloom redeems himself a bit in Kingdom of Heaven, altho he keeps beating on the anvil supposedly to keep the tempo ...

the main thing I hate is that he is introduced as a full time smith that's done nothing but beat iron all his life at the beginning of both movies. ..but he is small and skinny .. and you would expect a lot more muscles on someone with such a profession.

Also. .If you have the chance ... check out that episode of MythBusters in which they test the myth of exploding hammers.

The case hardening procedure they attempted sucked .. and they used a sucky Harbor Freight anvil that had CHINA written on it with raised lettering=>cast iron.

They revisited that one as someone already mentioned.

What about The 13th Warrior in witch Antonio Banderas re forges a viking sword into a scimitar.
A.S.T.

Only grinding was shown..

Since in Robin Hood they were trying to shoot at folks wearing armour---remember him demonstrating that it was possible to penetrate it? it would have had to have been steel or wrought iron arrowhead.

Just a bit of silliness

As was A.B. grinding down a blade that very well may have had a soft iron core and welded on steel edges---"it works so much better now, now that I've made it useless!"