I Forge Iron

need some Vulcan information

For the last 6 years I have driven past a house with an anvil out by the garage. Finally stopped in tonight, and inquired about it. From the street it looked like a Vulcan with the angular shape, wedge heel, and bulbous horn. The top is pretty beat,scratch that --- really beat...... no step-thinking the top plate separated decades ago.  It has all the features of a Vulcan except there is no logo on the side. On the side , between the feet it is stamped 12 which I am taking as 120#. My 150# Vulcan has a 15 cast into it. He said his grandfather had told him it was one out of his great grandfather's smithy, which would place it around the turn of the century. But, it could also possibly be from a closed CCC shop that was in the neighborhood.

Do all Vulcans have a cast logo? If not , when did they start?

When did they stamp the weight as opposes to casting it?

Thanks.

I looked that anvil all over, and could not find any raised letters, numbers, nothing. The only marking was the 12 stamped between the feet on the side down near the bottom of the base. With the horn to the left the 12 was on the backside.  It is definitely cast, as the part line is clearly visible under the horn, and heel.

Maybe this was a Vulcan copy of some sort, or home brand without the markings. Did Vulcan do contract anvils for stores?