I Forge Iron

Someone got a bargain!

Uh, typo? That has to weigh more than 28lbs. It appears to be 3' long OA and probably around 4" wide by 24" +/- on the face and around 12-14" tall. 28lbs has to be a typo. Sure it's cast proud on the anvil but is that a model #, weight in 1/10ths, or?

I don't think it's the ripoff it sounds but what the hey I'm on the other side of the planet.

Frosty The Lucky.

Stan,

I am not familiar with the BK anvils (no surprise being here in the states...).  Are they cast steel, cast iron, forged steel, ???  How do they compare with the higher quality anvils made in the US and UK, such as Hay Budden, Fisher, Peter Wright, etc.?

arkie, BK or Bradford and Kendall anvils  are cast steel with mounting holes at the base like some fishers, I`m no expert but I have two and they have been good for me. Maybe quality wise middle of the road.

njanvilman sorry but that collection does not belong to me, wish it did. I just put this topic up to show how crazy anvil prices are getting over here. I would be interested in seeing pictures of your museum though are there any on this site.?