I Forge Iron

Mounting a Forge Blower

caintuckrifle

I recently picked up a Cannedy Otto Royal Western Chief blower from a local metal salvage yard. With a little elbow grease the blower now runs like a champ however I now have two other challenges to address that I was aware of. The original mounting bracket that was originally cast into the side cover has long since broke off leaving a hole and no way to mount the blower. I can repair the hole by riviting a copper patch on, but am unsure as to how I should mount the blower. Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated. It's is still a great tight blower and there's many years left in it so I hate to throw it out. Thanks, Caintuck

If you post a picture it'll really help. What you're asking is like me asking the list why my old pickup won't start. it's just too little info for a good answer.

I know how it is to look at a problem trying to figure it out and forget nobody else can see the problem. I think we've all done it, no biggy.

Frosty The Lucky.

I can't seem to get pictures up from this device, I'll try and get some up though. I have access to just about anything, acetylene torch, small mig, buzz box, if I need anything else I know people that can help. The biggest issue is that I don't have the original piece so I need a different way to mount the blower.

I can't visualize exactly your problem, but I am forwarding pics of my blower which may help. I think my stand and the mount are original equipment. The circular portions of 5/8" x 4" are halved together, one from the top of the stand and one from the blower bottom. All is cast iron save the 1/2" bolt holding them together. There are internal threads, no nut.

P.S. Ptree suggests using automatic transmission fluid in the Canady Otto.

post-74-0-32419100-1423068330_thumb.jpg

post-74-0-68885700-1423068362_thumb.jpg

post-74-0-61025000-1423068391_thumb.jpg