I Forge Iron

Al Milliman fellow smith passes

jeremy k

Yesterday - I got a bad call from a friend(neighbor about 6 miles away) of mines wife, saying they came home from traveling early due to illness. She informed my that Al was not expected to last much more than days(cancer). I stopped over to his place for about 2 hours, His wish was to pass at home in Minnesota. His final breaths were taken shortly after I left last night in the company of family.
AL was an inspiring force to get me into smithing and was with me while buying my first anvil. Some may know him from the guild activities or classes. AL always liked stopping over to see what I was working on and we always had great conversations about everything. AL.....Rest in Peace - JK

Jeremy, fellas like that fill our lifetimes. I can tell you of 2 that I have known. My sympathy to his family and yourself. The power hammer you saw in my shop came from a man's shop auction that passed several years ago and I am very proud to have the privelege of using it. Memories of men like this will give us good thoughts even though the men are gone.

Steve

In Memory Of

A friend now gone

An anvil silent

His work is done

The iron grown cold

Remember

As you raise your hammer

Let his spirit

Share the load

Sorry for your loss. We share thoughts and moments with friends like these that are unlike those shared with anyone else in our lives. I am heading out to a nearby hammer-in this morning to see a few.